Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dr. Ng Yen Yen, please do something!

Article extrated from: http://www.malaysia-today.net/2008/content/view/6564/84/

Please help us save our children from the legal system which practices systematic destruction of our future. The laws that were written are primitive.

written by bluefire, April 25, 2008 | 02:49:31

I wish to state that the Kementerian Pembangunan Wanita, Keluarga dan Masyarakat is not doing much for kids of divorced parents.

I am divorced and although I have joint custody, I am denied access by my ex-wife to see my kids every weekend.

I hope this ministry takes into account the pain of fathers who are denied access by their ex-wife’s. I know of fathers who haven’t seen their kids for more than 4 years and they suffer much pain in their hearts.

I have personally experienced the lacksadaisical attitude of some of these people who work at this ministry. They should not be working in this ministry and they should just stay at home. My eldest son is suffering trauma due to the way this ministry through their Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat (JKM) had conducted their affairs. Do we even know the number of kids who have been mentally abused by these JKM officers? I know of kids who have suffered major trauma both physical and mental while staying at homes run by the JKM. At times I wonder whether the people at this ministry are anti-men but who am I to arrive at such a thought? Perhaps someone could shed more light into the secret inner workings of this ministry. I will never ever trust a word from this ministry as I have seen first hand how they operate.

We need a better social service system in place and I know that for a start this ministry must be removed! Replace it with efficient and effective people who have a heart that actually cares for the Malaysian people.

By the way, why do the family courts always rule in favor of the women when it comes to childcare?

Are men not able to take care of their children? This is a discriminatory practice and should be stopped immediately.

Perhaps Dr Ng Yen Yen should make the changes. After all it takes both a man and a woman to produce child !

Please remove child custody from our laws as it destroys the soul of a child. Of course, it will remove some lawyers lifelihood.

The custody of a child must be with both parents and no one has the right to decide who gets custody, including the courts.

If God wants a child to be born into this world, I am also sure God wants the children to have both parents. Who are we to destroy God’s plans !

No comments: